TUITION AND PAYMENT
Our tuition includes:
- The 2 year program (8 quarters) which includes 36 online courses through our private teaching platform; weekly lectures, assignments, class discussions, feedback and grading from our amazing teachers, and the larger student/community forums.
- Our 4 day intensive Midwifery Skills Workshop to be completed during the last 2 quarters (if you have already taken this workshop prior to the formation of this School, we will deduct $500 from your tuition.)
- The benefit of an intimate student community, with everyone enrolling, learning and completing the course together (we will welcome a new “class” each summer), as well as approachable, friendly staff and teachers.
We want to be transparent and have no hidden fees. ALL FEES ARE INCLUDED IN THE $5500 TOTAL
- A $50 application fee when you submit your application
- A non-refundable, place holding deposit of $450 upon acceptance (applications and deposits will begin being accepted in November 2016; once accepted, we must receive your deposit of $450 within 30 days of acceptance or your application will expire; if you'd like to then re-apply you must fill out the application and pay application fee again.)
- A $3000 tuition payment for the first year, due June 14th, 2018
- The remaining $2000 is due June 14th, 2019
We have a no fee, monthly payment plan available after the 1st years tuition is paid in full. Per month payments starting during the 1st Quarter and completing before the start of the 5th Quarter will be approximately $250/month. We can discuss other payment plan arrangements as well on a case by case basis, but each year's tuition is due prior to the start of that year's courses. Payment plans will be discussed during your initial interview.
What is NOT included in the fee:
- A computer and internet access
- Required textbooks
- Any necessary transportation, lodging and food needed to attend the Indie Birth Skills Workshop (required for completion of course)
***Once your balance is paid for the first year, no refunds will be given if you discontinue the course during the first year. Once your balance is paid for the second year, no refund will be given if you discontinue the course before graduation. If you complete only part of the course, or one year, you will not be granted completion status and should you decide to continue the course at another time, will only be able to do so if we have room for you to re-enroll.
A La Carte Courses
Students that choose to enroll this way will not receive the benefits of full-time status, including lower costs per credit or, or being automatically included in the skills workshops. (These student may register for the skills workshop(s) separately, however, if there are available slots.) We have included this option so that more people can get started on their journey now, even if they cannot fully commit to the rigors of a 2 year program. This “a la carte” option would also be appropriate for students or midwives who want to renew or refresh their knowledge base in a particular area.
THE A LA CARTE PRICE PER COURSE IS $200, PAID IN FULL 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE QUARTER. THE 3 DAY SKILLS WORKSHOP IS $600 FOR THOSE OUTSIDE THE PROGRAM.
If someone takes course a la carte and then later enrolls in the full 2 year program, there will be no discounts or fees waived for the courses they have already purchased and completed. The 2 year program is a package and the package cannot be amended. Credits achieved through a la carte coursework do not apply towards the Certificate of Completion for the Midwifery Program.
- While actively enrolled, you are included in the Wise Woman Circle and get all the benefits of being a member of Indie Birth Association (discount on Conference, classes, etc.)
- While we feel that our school is complete in terms of classroom learning, it does not include an apprenticeship nor do we have access to connect you with an apprenticeship aside from informal help when able. Our hope is that during or after your complete the program, you will be a valuable asset to any team or practice as an assistant or apprentice.
- Indie Birth Association (including Indie Birth Midwifery School) functions as a Private Membership Association (PMA) and all students and faculty must be members of IBA. Contract/application will be offered to you with enrollment package.